Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Making Lists

I've gotten out of the habit of making lists, and the result is that at the end of they day, trying to fall asleep, my mind scrolls through all the tasks that I have yet to do. I've decided to start making lists again.

What's on my list today? Certainly not everything that I'll actually accomplish. Bank, library, drop off one child at preschool, pick up another at school, drop off a donation at the school, do some writing. What I didn't write down but actually did includes laundry, tidying the kitchen, preparing a snack. Feels like cheating to write those things down, but they are tasks that I completed.

Recently, I read a book that consisted of lists concocted by contributors. Some were decades old, and had been rediscovered. Others were composed just for the book.

No comments: