Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Frozen Clutter

I defrosted my upright freezer yesterday. It took from 10 a.m. until 3 a.m. Yes, I was up until 3 a.m. defrosting my freezer. That's either crazy...or it's crazy. By 2, I resorted to pouring hot water on the inches of frost. Worked great!

I've reclaimed an entire shelf in the freezer. And, I tossed two sacks of ancient food items that will never be eaten by anyone except bacteria in the giant municipal compost heap. There's plenty of space now, so like is with like--meat all together in the bottom, convenience dinner items together, etc.

3 comments:

Ron said...

When I was little my Dad used to use a hair dryer to speed up the process and hot water to finish it off. Just an idea...

Anonymous said...

Using a hair dryer was the way I cleared the annual build up, too. Notice I said "annual." Maybe next time it won't be so bad. ;-)

Momma P

Linz said...

That is some serious patience. I would have gone with the hot water route much sooner.