Monday, September 21, 2009

Feeling less like a hoarder

Since I've been watching the A&E show Hoarders, I've felt less like one. I do have attachments to stuff and I do still have a lot of stuff. But I am able to let go of possessions. When I bring new items into my home, I release old ones. I'm truly in recovery I guess.

Anyway, today I've cleared out a cupboard, putting items out for use or donating them. Nothing exciting.

Last week, I shipped a box of cds and DVDs to Second Spin and soon I'll get a check. What a relief to have those gone!

Here's something that's been happening. I'll see something and get angry at it, even say out loud "I don't want that!" but it's something I have an attachment to or something that needs to go to a specific place for donation. I just hate wasting emotional energy on things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment today!

I feel the same way about things I want to get rid of: I don't want it in my space, but I don't want to get rid of it. However, my husband says I have nothing else to get rid of, but I can argue that point.

The Closet Therapist said...

I love the show Hoarders too!!! It always makes me want to clean something out.