Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A donating we will go

I have a few bags for the Goodwill. Books & CDs that didn't sell at the used book store & record store, some clothes, toys, etc. I hope those will go out the door today or tomorrow; depends on the other items on my agenda.

In other news, guess what holiday is coming up? That's right, it's Cluttermas! This year, we'll be doing fairly minimalist gifts. Gift cards, food gifts and such for the adult friends in our life. Small, probably home made gifties for kids. For my kids, they'll get the usual pajamas on Christmas Eve and a few gifts under the tree. We do try to get them at least one item that they've specifically asked Santa Claus for. Other than that, a book or two, and maybe a game for the Wii.

How do you keep the holidays from turning into a clutterfest?

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I enjoyed reading your blog this morning. My one goal right now is to get rid of the clutter in our home. I know it will give me more time with my family and I will be able to keep our home clean without taking all my time. Today we are taking a load to the Goodwill. I figure that is the most I can do with the kids out of school.

Caitlin T. said...

My goal for this Holiday season is to avoid bringing anything unnecessary into my home in the first place. If I receive a bath gift set for some reason, I want to be able to find it a new home before it walks in the door of mine. I could pass it along to someone else, or just take it to a local charity gift dropoff, or the local Value Village/Goodwill. I'm sure someone else could use it, but it'll just be clutter if it comes home with me!