Friday, January 02, 2009

The Bench: Part II


Since the Roomba (nicknamed Eva by the kids and Flowbee by the Sweetie) arrived, I've been tinkering with the house to make it more Roomba-able.

Today's task was to clear out the bench. The cubby contents, a mish-mash of old Sunday crosswords, paperwork, kid art and odds and ends, had me stumped. We'd taken to storing shoes underneath the bench, on days when we use the front door. (We have a shoe rack by the back door, since we use that one more often.)

I decided to use a technique I loathe. It works, in that the area one needs is cleared. But it creates a time-bomb for the future. But I did it. I boxed all that crap up.

3 comments:

paisley penguin said...

I do the same thing. I box or bag something up and the immediate area looks great but I have "the box" or "the bag" to deal with later. Sometimes much later. That later is this weekend. Good luck to you!

Becky said...

The bench looks great! I have been wanting to get my house organized for quite some time now. I went to the bookstore last week and bought a great book titled, "Your Spacious Self" by Stephanie Bennett Vogt- I am now more excited than ever to get this feat tackled! I start tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

My sweetie asked me if I wanted a robotic vacuum for Christmas.... "But I like to vacuum" was my reply, as it is a chance to clear the clutter that accumulates too frequently.

I think there are clutter gods that come in and strew things around in the middle of the night. The job is NEVER done!!!

Good luck to all of us!

Momma P