Monday, September 17, 2007

Forward, Onward, Blah, Blah, Blah

OK, I did a few little things today. I culled some plastic containers from my kitchen. You know, those butter tubs and yogurt containers that build up. Yeah, got rid of some of them. I still need to cull baking pans, but that can happen another day.

I had a nice talk with a friend today, and it reminded me that we can collect too many tasks, just as we can collect too many things. This friend has done a lot for an organization, and essentially paid her dues. But, they're still wanting more. Just as it's hard to let go of precious belongings ("my Barbies!!"), it's hard to let go of responsibilities, especially when it's for a cause dear to our hearts. But, for mental health, sometimes we have to say "enough!" ...just as sometimes, with those stacks of newspapers, those back-ups of back-ups of spares of "just in case's", we have to let go.

No comments: