Wednesday, October 31, 2007

...and let the writing begin...

I am a writer. I write here, I write fiction, I write on a couple of other blogs that have nothing to do with clutter and thus I won't link to them here. But in the spirit of sharing, I want to let you all know about NaNoWriMo, aka National Novel Writing Month. The month is November, and it's more than national, it's worldwide.

A while ago, a few years I think, there were a number of online writing buddies who would occasionally do something called the write a novel in a month challenge or the novel in thirty days challenge. They'd all start on the same day, and pound out a novel, sometimes working from notes or an outline, sometimes not. At the end of the month, they'd have a 50-60,000 word rough draft which could then be polished (or tossed) as the case may be. Great fun. I tried a couple, but never got more than a few thousand words in before losing momentum.

If you'd like to try NaNoWriMo, just follow the link that image below will take you to, and join up. Good times for all, and everyone who reaches 50,000 words wins!

No comments: