Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sources of Inspiration

Every once in a while, I'll get a burst of inspiration. Sometimes from within, but more often from a visual--a photograph in a magazine, a glimpse of a lovely living room as I drive down a neighborhood street. I love those moments, because they can carry me along for several hours of decluttering and tidying activities.

Yesterday, I had an active morning, cleaning the bathroom, running a load of dishes and several of laundry. Then, grocery shopping stole all the rest of my energy. What was meant to be a one hour trip turned into double that, and since I had Younger daughter with me, it felt like time just expanded. We didn't even manage to get everything on our list, thanks to going to Grocery Outlet (where you can't count on anything being in stock) and HT, a new Asian market in our area. Both stores had wonderful bargains, and I came home with a huge amount of groceries for not much money, but still, missing crucial items for this week's menus.

No comments: