Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A sucky morning

The suckage this morning was serious. And I am not turning into a "mommy blogger" I promise!

First, the little one had an argument with DH, which culminated in her getting angry (for no discernable reason) and mouthing off at him. He left for work, in a crappy mood.

Then, after I got the kids fed and the little one calmed down, the little one had another fit, this time about underwear. OK, got that settled, whew.

Out to the bus. We went out a few minutes early, just to give us a cushion. And we wait. And wait. And wait. Yes, it's garbage day and that can slow traffic a little bit. But not 20 minutes. The bus shouldn't be 20 minutes late. I made the judgment call to drive the kids (even though this was going to be my first day putting the kids on the bus and no other committments until time to pick them up--I was looking forward to this day!!). So, we go back home, the kids get in the car and just as I'm locking up the house, the bus comes. I did try to flag it down, but no luck.

Profanity ensued.

Back to the car, more profanity (I hate swearing in front of the kids and rarely do it, but man was I pissed). An easy quick drive to school. The kids would have been late had they gotten on that late bus, so it was the right call.

The little one didn't settle in well. I had to reassure her more than usual. But I did connect with the mom of a little girl she likes and we've got a tentative playdate set up. So, again, a good thing.

Set up a time to talk with the big one's teacher about math. That's a whole other issue I won't go into. Way too far off topic.

So here we are, it's 10:16 a.m. and I'm finally feeling less frustrated. Not yet relaxed. Still annoyed.

Someone, quick, make me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She IS wearing underwear these days?

Grandma P

Anonymous said...

4 out of 5 hockey moms recommend AK-47 practice to sooth the nerves.