Friday, July 11, 2008

I love my Vestfrost!


I have to tell you how much I am loving having a small fridge! I've wanted a freezer on the bottom style of fridge for a long time, and having the whole thing be so small is such a bonus.
Here's the width of the old fridge, for comparison.And here, the slender Vestfrost.
Here are some views of the interior. I like it when the fridge is not too full. I like being able to see most of what I have in it.




We're a family of four--two adults, an eight year old and a five year old. We have two cats. Do you think our fridge looks empty? Full? How does it compare to yours?

We don't drink soda. Sometimes when we're out or for a special treat at home we might have root beer floats. We don't drink cow's milk, though we do use it as an ingredient. We don't regularly drink juice. I don't like icy cold water, so I don't keep a Brita filter pitcher in the fridge.

We do have a separate upright freezer, in the basement. The Vestfrost actually has a lot of freezer space. It has three drawers in the freezer, and a narrow slot for ice cube trays (it came with three, they're shallower than standard American). Still, I like being able to use the upstairs freezer for frequently used items and the basement one for storage. I buy our meat in bulk at Costco and freeze it in meal-size portions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be awful of me to wish for the 13 year old, 18 cu. ft. refrigerator we got with our house to go kaput? At first I didn't like having a small refrigerator but it has grown on me. I like how yours is organized.

Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

It was the Vestfrost that kicked off the kitchen remodel! And, it was the priciest element. Our old fridge actually still works fine, so it was in a way totally indulgent. But it makes the kitchen, it really does.

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen reminds me of the small European partment and flat kitchens I've seen in movies (and in person). There are differences as your cupboards are securely attached to the walls, but the mood, I think, is similar. Did any of your reading (beyond the how-to books) influence conceptual design?

Momma Pauline