Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where are you on the hoarding scale?

Today, I found this online guide to compulsive hoarding and aquiring. There's a downloadable form you can use to rate your home.

What I found most interesting are the series of photos of living room, kitchen, and bedroom. You can click on the photos for a larger image.

What struck me is that on this scale, most of the rooms in my house are a 1 or a 2. The guest room is perhaps a 2.5 or 3 right now, as it's taken the brunt of some recent purging from other parts of the house. All of the rooms in my house are fully usable for their intended purpose. There is nothing on the beds other than bedding and pajamas. The kitchen counters have a few dirty dishes, but the sink is clear and the dishwasher is partially loaded. You can sit on the couch without moving anything, and the same for the living room chairs.

I no longer aquire things at the rate I did. It's rare for me to buy anything other than food. I guess maybe I'm getting better!

No comments: