Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Plumbing for Fun and Profit!

OK, so joking about the profit. But we did just save at least $300 and maybe more. Dear DH, who hates to paint, enjoys things like plumbing and electrical. Good thing I like to paint:-). The previous previous owners, when they installed a dishwasher, didn't properly do the drain pipe--they installed it too high, so we always had problems with the sink draining slowly (and, when we had a garbage disposer, it would back up). To do it right, we had to remove the old galvanized pipes. I mean it when I say old, these pipes were full of crud and stuck together. We had to use our little brains to get the job done. And, good old Archimedes!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice what a liberal arts education will prepare you for! I am impressed with your progress. Can't wait to see the finished project. And my DH says that your DH is no plumber yet as his pants fit to well!