Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Everything is Meant to Be

This morning, just now in fact, as I was enjoying my morning coffee, a large truck pulled up in front of my house. I thought it was the garbage truck, but lo! It was Community Services for the Blind, a local non-profit that picks up donations.

No, they weren't here for me. They'd called a couple of weeks ago (before my recent purging) and I'd said "No, I don't have anything". But my neighbors across the street did. And so I hopped out the door and asked the driver if he could wait a few minutes and I ran down to garage and grabbed three bags of clothing (which they would take, he couldn't take all my donations due to space). But hey, three bags gone and what a nice feeling!

The driver had his young son with him helping. A nice image for the day.

No comments: